Monday, February 8, 2010

Long Weekend

Well I am back at work after an impromptu long weekend - I ended up staying home on Friday because my daughter was running a fever. We took both kids to the doctor on Sunday morning - my daughter has pink eye (as a result of her cold/flu) and my son has an ear infection in both ears... yeah you can imagine how much fun we had at my house this weekend. But the good part - and for me I am amazed at this - I was able to stay true to my diet and not cheat once! That is pretty unbelievable for me - I hope the scale reflects my efforts on Wednesday.

I am planning to make 2 new recipes this week - spinach muffins (As you might have already figured out - I love spinach!) and chicken stroganoff. Both look pretty good - I am hoping to make the spinach muffins tonight. I will let you know how they work out!

I started drinking my protein shakes for breakfast again - not every day, but when it is convenient or when I need to save some carbs and fat for later in the day. I really like this particular protein shake - it is made by Syntrax and is called Nectar Whey Protein Isolate - I like the Cappuccino flavor. It tastes pretty good - I use the blender to mix it up with water and ice - it gets creamy and frothy. It tastes best if you drink it right away. Here is the nutritional breakdown:
Calories - 90
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: <5mg
Total Carbohydrates: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 23g
Calcium: 160mg
Phosphorus: 75mg
Magnesium: 20mg
Sodium: 60mg
Potassium: 120mg 

For zero carbs, zero fat and 23g of protein you can't beat it! I bought it at Vitamin Shoppe, but you can also find it online at Amazon. It comes in many different flavors... I have tried the Cappuccino and Fuzzy Navel. As I said the Cappuccino is good... the Fuzzy Navel is drinkable. I think I will be going with the Chocolate Truffle flavor next.

This morning for some reason I did a few stretches and squats right after I woke up... maybe my body and mind are asking me for an exercise program? Not sure - let's see what the scale says on Wednesday before I start getting a crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment