Thursday, October 8, 2009

Baby Steps by Dr. Leo Marvin

I have not kept my word/promise... I have not watched the DVDs yet (I have not even unwrapped them from the plastic coating). I am trying to build up some momentum again... it has been chilly this week and I love snuggling on the couch with a blanket and watching TV (and falling asleep)... but I did have 3 good days (diet wise) so far this week and today has been going good, too. I have been trying to eat healthy at meal times and trying to resist eating junk* in between the meals.

*The main problem with that is while I work in an office you would think I work in a bakery/candy store. Everywhere I turn there is candy or sweets in my line of vision... right now I am staring at 1 bowl of candy corn, 1 bowl of mixed Halloween candy and a box of Dunkin Donut muffins! I want to poke my eyes out with a stick (or a muffin - because maybe some of it will fall in my mouth).

I have healthy snacks on hand - FiberOne Yogurt (only 1 pt on WW), delicious empire apples (also 1 pt - because it is relatively small), and single serving bags of Jolly Time Healthy Pop popcorn - as you can see I am all set for the day. But yet I cannot resist the temptation of the candy bowl - it is ridiculous. It does not matter where the candy sits I will always seem to come in close proximity to it at some point during the day.

So now I am taking "Baby Steps" to get my momentum/motivation back on track... I love the movie "What About Bob"! At Dr. Marvin's suggestion I will repeat to myself - I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful... I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful... I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful... whenever I am tempted now.

2 comments:

  1. I am admiring your courage in writing/sharing/trying to be healthy. All I can say is if you get in good habits now, they will stay with you for the rest of your life (easier said then done I know). Eating healthy and getting some exercise at least 30 min. 3x a week will help you to avoid a multitude of health problems later on. Look at the candy bowl as being filled with active cancer cells instead of candy corn. That should help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great comments! I am having a crap day myself and just "ate my feelings" so to speak. Not good. Otherwise am doing well on the low gycemic diet...cutting out sugar does make you crave it less. You might need to institute a ban on junk in the office but that could result in a riot.

    ReplyDelete