Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2: So far so good...

Well it is close to the end of day and all and all it was a pretty good day. I was able to pack up my breakfast and lunch last night before I fell asleep - I was also able to prepare lunch for my son (so that saved me some time this morning). I was pretty busy at work most of the day so I ate when I could and was not hungry the rest of the day.

Tomorrow is the weekly weigh in for the office challenge - now I have only been on my plan since yesterday - but I hope I will see a change on the scale (a good change). I can't complain if it does not show a loss because it has only been 2 days, but it would be a good motivator if it did.

What I will complain about is the fact that now I seem to be immune to my alarm clock! I wake up and it has either gone off and I have snoozed it in my sleep or it has been going off for 15 to 20 minutes and I did not hear it. I have it on the "buzz" mode because music doesn't work for me... I just hear it in my dreams like background music. This has never happened to me before - I am the person that wakes up when one of my kids rolls over in their bed or breathes heavily. Not sure what is going on, but I have to figure something out. I would like to be up earlier - to exercise* or at least eat breakfast before I leave the house in the morning. I am going to try and get to bed early tonight!

*Ok I watched the exercise DVDs I bought - Tony Horton's 10 minute Trainer... whoa! I am not sure I am coordinated enough to do the moves they are showing, but I am going to try.  A couple of challanges I am facing - where to do the exercising in my house - there is some jumping involved and I would prefer not to break anything or cause my house to collaspe. In addition, I would prefer not to exercise in front of an audience- see I already have an audience with me when I get dressed in the morning, go to the bathroom, and even at times while I am showering... oh the joys of having 2 small children! But at least the first couple of times I would like to be alone.  Maybe I have to think about exercising in the evening after the kids go to bed.  We shall see!

So far I ate today -
• 1 mini quiche
• 16 oz decaf coffee w 2 Tbsp 1/2 and 1/2
• 8 oz decaf tea
• chicken breast with salsa and cheese (same as yesterday w/o the sour cream - and yes I missed the sour cream)
• small salad - lettuce, cucumbers, tomato and sliced mushrooms with a little EVOO and lots of red wine vinegar
• 1 SF Jell-O (orange)

(I packed myself some turkey and RF swiss - but decided not to eat it - my carb count was getting a little high and I wanted to leave myself some room for dinner. I think I will eat it tomorrow for breakfast.)

Tonight I am going to try a new recipe for Spinach Meatballs - it has frozen chopped spinach, lean ground beef, parmesan cheese, egg whites, and some seasonings. I hope the kids will eat them - they will have them over spaghetti with marinara sauce... I will have them with the sauce and some RF shredded mozzarella. I will let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment