Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Four, Cuatro, Quatre Baby!!!

That is correct - 4 (FOUR) pounds down from last weeks weigh in for the office challenge! That is the motivation I was looking for!

I can see now that the extra time I have spent preparing my meals in advance is worth it and I will continue to do it. Although it is much easier when I can take left overs from the prior nights dinner than creating another whole meal for myself. I did that last night - I got my lunch and lunch for my son taken care of right after dinner - it saved me lots of time. Last night I made Spinach Meatballs - they were really good! At just 0.5 (grams) carbs per meatball how can you beat it! For anyone on Weight Watchers I entered the recipe into the Weight Watchers recipe builder on the WW's website and it came out to 1 point per meatball! Pretty good if you ask me... here is the recipe:

Spinach Meatballs
Makes 30

1lb 95% lean ground beef
2 eggs
10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 button mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon each salt & pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Treat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor combine spinach, parmesan, mushrooms, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Process until well combined.
3. Add eggs one at a time and process until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add beef and mix until well combined.
4. Shape into thirty 1 1/2" balls. Place on the baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.

I ate 8 meatballs (4 carbs) with 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and 1/4 cup of RF Shredded Mozzarella - my husband and the kids had spaghetti with their meatballs! I was happy the kids ate them - I would not say the LOVED them, but I did get a "I don't hate them" from my 4 year old! I think both kids ate 1 whole one cut up - usually they eat 2 or 3 traditional meatballs, so that is fine. I had 6 meatballs for lunch today (again with sauce and cheese) - heated it up in the microwave at the office.
Some good news - other than the 4 pounds I lost - I was able to wake up with my alarm this morning! Yay me... oh I also woke up with a start at 2 am. I thought it was 6 am, but no it was 2 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING! My son decided he wanted to get up and cry out for someone to come and rock him a little bit. I was back in bed by 2:15 - thank you to my husband for taking over. I was happy I woke up at 6 am when my alarm went off - I had lots of plans of what I would do with an extra half hour added on to my morning- but alas those plans went down the drain when my son woke up at 6:05am. I am afraid that if I try to wake up any earlier he will wake up at the same time! I will try it again tomorrow and hope he sleeps later.
My latest challenge - I will be heading out to dinner tomorrow night with my girlfriends... I will be reviewing the menu of the restaurant to see what the best options for my dinner will be. I know I will go over my max carb allowance for the day, but as long as I avoid processed sugars, etc. I should be fine. The only thing I will REALLY MISS will be the wine - oh lovely wine, how I will yearn for you, but that would totally kill my momentum. So I have to pass on that cold, refreshing, delicious, crisp, smooth drink and stick with a diet soda or better yet water. I know water is the best option to drink at any time, but I just can not get excited about water.
Well the day is coming to an end and I think I will head off to bed... and dream of sipping that cold glass of wine I will not be ordering tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment