Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1 - Officially on the new plan

Well it is the end of day one - and I am spent!

I stayed up late last night preparing food for this weeks breakfasts and lunches - I had to wait for the kids to be in bed so that I could concentrate on what needed to be done. I took some time in the afternoon to review/print some information from the my diet plans website (www.kimkins.com) and then headed over the supermarket. I shopped both for me and the family - while I will try to only prepare one dinner in the evening (we will all eat the protein portion and they will enjoy the side dishes too) the shopping cart was mighty full.
I cleaned and pounded 6 chicken breasts - I cut each in half (making 12 - 4 to 5 oz servings), I baked off 4 servings and individually wrapped and froze the remaining 8.
I measured out 1 cup servings of lettuce, 1/4 cup servings of sliced cucumbers and stored them in the zip lock bags in the fridge. I cut up 2 campari tomatoes for today as well.
Then I prepared some mini quiche for quick breakfasts - 6 eggs, 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2, 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese and 1/2 cup crumbled bacon - mixed all together and poured into muffin tin and baked it for 40 min at 350 degrees. Notes for next time - I the recipe said it would make 12 muffins/quiches... I only got 10. I think I must have over-filled the cups - I will try to be less generous next time. The recipe said to grease the muffin pan - I have a non-stick pan and I did spray it with Pam, but they still stuck. I have to grease it up better next time.

I packed the following food for the day (in my new Vera Bradley lunch tote (thanks Big Sis!)):
1 Mini Quiche
1 serving of Ham (Oscar Mayer Deli - shaved)and 2 slices of RF Swiss
1 chicken breast, 3 Tbs of Salsa, 1/4 cup RF Cheese
2 Tbs sour cream
1 bag/cup of lettuce, cucumbers and tomato
1 Sugar Fee Jell-O - Lemon/Lime

I added:
1 cup of decaf tea
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Bottled Water

I took my daughter to her gym class tonight - therefore we ate dinner at one of her favorite places on earth... KFC. I ate a Grilled Chicken Breast (I tried to not eat the skin - I did not eat all of it) and I had a diet soda.

All and all I think the day went well - I was feeling a little nauseous in the late morning (but I think it was motion sickness from riding on the "vomit-comet" otherwise known as my company's van service). I was a little discouraged when another co-work said she was going to get a burger and a chocolate milkshake for lunch... but when she saw my lunch and how I had carefully measured each item she changed her order and got a salad (no milkshake). So I guess you could say I am helping others be healthy - I am like a superhero really.... ok maybe that is a little much for the first day, but by June 2010 you will be referring to me as Captain Cares About Others Health! I will have to work on a better name, but you get my drift.

I am going to pack up my lunch for tomorrow and go to bed... and dream about eating pasta and ice cream and chocolate candy!

1 comment:

  1. Tricia,

    I encourage you to do a little more reading about the dangers of the Kimkins Diet, as well as the fraud involved with it. Were you aware that it is the subject of a national class action lawsuit.

    Do a web search and read up a little more on Kimkins before you get too attached to it and endanger your health.

    ReplyDelete