Friday, September 25, 2009

Does Sweating count as Excerise?

I have completed my first trip to Disney... 2 days - yes it was a very short visit by Disney standards, but just enough for me! I have already decided that are next visit will be 1. when my son is out of diapers and off formula and 2. in a winter month! I can not understand how on earth families can stand to be in the parks in the summer months - IT WAS SO UNBELIEVABLY HOT - it was like Africa hot (although I have never been to Africa I am fairly certain the temperature is the same)! I am pretty sure that anything I ate - and I ate a lot - was worked off with all the walking (more like trudging) and sweating. I was literally sweating from the minute we walked out of the hotel room to the minute we returned - sure we were in the air conditioning on and off throughout the day - but I do not think I ever actually stopped sweating. I was sure to drink lots of water to keep from getting dehydrated, I think I drank close to a gallon a day - plus I had a margarita each evening (that may have contributed to the sweating a little). Anyway we saw everything we came to see - which again is not much by most peoples standards, but enough for a 3.5 year old).

Day 1 - we went to Hollywood Studios and saw the Little Mermaid show, the Playhouse Disney show, the Muppet's 3D movie and had lunch with Jojo, Goliath, June and Leo (from Little Einsteins). After that we went back to the hotel and took a swim in the pool - that was very refreshing! Then we showered, got changed ad headed over the Magic Kingdom for the "Not So Scary Halloween Party" - trick-or-treating and riding a couple of rides (like the Dumbo (twice)) - it was lots of fun! And we got to see the Hallo-Wishes fireworks display. Day 2 - We spent the day at the Magic Kingdom - went on all the rides in Toon Town and Fantasy Land - we made a few purchases ($$$$) and headed out of the park around 4pm.
We are now relaxing in luxury at my families home in Port St. Lucie - I am enjoying the good food, good wine and good family time! I will check back in once I am back in New Jersey....

No comments:

Post a Comment