Friday, September 18, 2009

SLOW DOWN there sweetheart...

I leave on vacation tomorrow - although you would think I left yesterday the way I have eaten in the last 24 hours. I started out yesterday with good intentions... oatmeal with a few raisins and cinnamon and coffee (pretty standard) but then it happened - the dreaded Breakfast Meeting! I was not out of control, but I did have a Bonni Bell cheddar cheese thing and a mini dark snickers during the meeting... then some carrots and hummus about an hour later. I know none of this sounds all that bad, but this could be the beginning of my fall from the "wagon". A Tuna Melt for lunch - I skipped the fries and had a few more carrots, followed later in the afternoon by a small (unusually crisp and crunchy) apple... again not too bad. Then came dinner at the diner - French Dip sandwich and French fries! I could have had a salad or an egg white omelet with veggies, but no I had to get the sandwich with the fries. Well I paid the price - I am so thirsty from all the salt (in the au jus) I can't get enough water into me... I am feeling pretty bloated this morning. And to make matters worse I just ate a peanut butter and (strawberry) jelly on rye for breakfast - and that is after a co-worker generously offered to bring me oatmeal from Jamba Juice! I do not know where my head is!
My plan for the rest of the day is to have a SmartOne for lunch with a side salad and Progresso Lite Soup (the pot roast soup is fantastic) for dinner... maybe another apple as a snack.

Upon my return from vacation I vow/pledge/whatever to start using the exercising DVDs and renew my diligent dieting mentality. I may even do the before photos suggested in the program - watch out Tony Horton - I might be featured on your next infomercial! (I know you are saying to SLOW DOWN there sweetheart- you have not even unwrapped the DVD yet! But I did open the box it came in and made a vow/pledge thing a few minutes/sentences ago! - have some faith in me.)

Oh - I bought new sneakers for my trip/my future exercising endeavors - I am wearing them now! They are the Nike ones with the weird looking shock absorber/springy things on the heel - I got grey with maroon accents. I never like the "new sneaker" look - you know when you see a person with bright white sneakers (new or not) and all you can think is "I guess that person got new sneakers... hmmm maybe they should only wear them at the gym (so I don't have to look at them - you know because I never go to the gym).

Tomorrow I am “leaving on a jet plane” (I just love John Denver) and heading south… I will catch up with you from the Sunshine State!

Today I ate (so far):
You just read it 2 minutes ago – I am not a fan a duplicate work efforts, so look above.

No comments:

Post a Comment