Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things are moving...

So this morning I was happily surprised that the scale has finally moved in the right direction - I have lost 1.5 pounds. Not too bad, while this could be attributed to the fact that I am on the tail end of my visit from my "aunt flo" I am going to pretend it is completely related to my diligent dieting efforts of the last 48 hours. I received an email confirmation stating my exercise DVDs - Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer - has been shipped. This email both excites me and terrifies me at the same time - I love getting mail, but the thought of actually doing the exercise depresses me. I am mystified by people who say they love exercising or going to the gym - you know those people who update their status on Facebook with "Hitting the gym" or "Just had an awesome workout - I feel great!" - Really? I do not believe them... I guess it is possible to eventually get to that state, but I doubt I will ever be that type of person. Let's face facts I (like the rest of the world) would rather sleep later in the morning, lay on the couch and catch up on some missed TV (I love you TiVo) or play with my children than take time out of my day for exercise. But I have come to the conclusion that I have no choice - I have waited long enough for the miracle of just waking up thin to happen (if it ever does happen I will let you know). So once I get my DVDs I will begin an exercise routine (oh God - I just swallowed a little vomit that came up into my mouth).

Anyway... I went over my WW points yesterday, but overall had a good day. I made dinner last night - lemon chicken (made up the recipe as I went along), brussel sprouts (my husband’s favorite veggie – weird I know) and some Lipton broccoli/cheddar noodles. I enjoyed a Skinny Cow ice cream pop - my 3 year old loves them (we both had one) - and that was my evening.

Today I ate (so far):
Raisin Bran and Corn Flakes with skim milk
Coffee (decaf) with 2 creamers

I brought left over chicken from last nights dinner for lunch - I am guessing I will add it to a salad - sounds great, right?... yeah I know it doesn't, but I am trying here!

No comments:

Post a Comment